Labels: , , , ,

Children of Men


This movie looks really good and it opens for wide release on Friday. Here's the plot courtesy of IMDb.com:

In 2027, in a chaotic world in which humans can no longer procreate, a former activist agrees to help transport a miraculously pregnant woman to a sanctuary at sea, where her child's birth may help scientists save the future of humankind.

Children of Men looks like it has all the right ingredients: action, adventure and maybe a little romance between the two lead characters. Check out the website, it's wicked sweet and if the movie is anywhere as cool as the music playing on the page then I'm going to have blast watching this film.

2 comments:

Mirtika said...

The first commercials I saw were dull. The most recent one is better.

They need a more skilled publicity dept. Both my hubby and I thought--after seeing the first ads--"Is that like Sarajevo or something?" hahahah

I remember when Mars Hill Audio had a segment on Children of Men (when the book came out). It sounded hugely interesting (though I never got around to reading it.) The promotion machine makes this seem just like some escape/warrish film...that's not good for snagging SF lovers.

Mir

Karen said...

The trailer I saw was okay...but it's the concept and the website that draws me in.