Labels: , ,

DVD Review: Aeon Flux

This is one DVD you never, ever want to rent. Saying it's waste of time, space and film doesn't even begin to cut it. If I had to chose between stepping in dog poo or watching this movie again, I'd take the dog poo. Seriously.

The plot was confusing. The action sequences were cheesy. Charlize Theron's performance was flatter than a tortilla. The movie was a complete mess, in the grand scale of "when Sci-Fi movies go bad".

I kept hoping that the movie would get better, that somehow things would magically turn around and it wouldn't completely suck. But that moment never came, so I did what any wise movie watcher would do: I pressed stop and thanked God that I hadn't wasted $10 seeing it in theaters.

For those of you who actually braved through this Sci-Fi bomb, how did the movie end? (Like I really care?!?!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on disliking this movie. The whole story line didn't make any sense.

Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

I started watching this, got halfway through and wandered off to another part of the house. I whispered: "Pretty colors" and just forgot about it. I thought I had just had an ADD moment, but not I am thinking I was responding to the film's lack of coherency and its inability to engage an audience.

SQT said...

I love that you said what you really think. So many people try to be polite and then you get nowhere. Heck, I can be that way. (though some people I annoy when I argue with them would disagree)

I didn't hate the movie as much as you did, but I wouldn't waste my time watching it again. And I sure as heck would have been annoyed if I had paid movie theatre prices to see it.

Unknown said...

Wow, what an indictment! I had not wanted to see this movie, it looked so over-the-top (and ha-ha, I'm the top). I think it tried being too many things and failed at being anything. So, what about Ultraviolet?

Angela/SciFiChick said...

I heard this movie stank when it was still in theaters.. so I didn't bother. Sounds like everyone I've talked to agrees!

Karen said...

Top, I haven't seen Ultraviolet yet but I don't think it can be any worse than this. At least, I hope not.

I was checking out Movies.com to see what they wrote about it and here's what the Kansas City Star said, "Charlize Theron has her Oscar. Now she has her 'Catwoman.'" Amen to that!

chrisd said...

It looked kinda iffy when it was at the show.

I don't get to see a lot of movies like that. Currently I'm "watching" Garfield: A Tale of 2 Kitties.

Oh, yeah.