Labels: , ,

James Cameron is back!

He's the man behind Titanic, Terminator and Dark Angel. He's the king of high-concept big budget Sci-Fi movies and he's ready to push the limits with two new movies slated for 2009.

Yahoo News posted this exciting bit of news yesterday:

Cameron is teaming up with 20th Century Fox to direct the sci-fi fantasy Avatar, a $200 million production that, according to the director and the studio, will be filmed in 3-D using an unprecedented combination of computer animation and motion-capture technology...The futuristic tale pits a human army, led by a paralyzed war vet played by Australian actor Sam Worthington, against an alien battalion.

To make matters more complicated, Worthington will have an alien love interest, embodied by Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl beauty Zoe Saldana.

"We're creating an entire world, a complete ecosystem of phantasmagorical plants and creatures, and a native people with a rich culture and language," Cameron said. "The story is both epic and emotional."

I don't know about you, but I can't wait to see this world come to life on the big screen. But Cameron's creativity doesn't stop there. The other movie, Battle Angel, as E! Online puts it, is "a gritty sci-fi tale about a 14-year-old amnesiac female cyborg on a quest to discover her identity while battling the forces of evil in Scrap Iron City." Wow, can I buy my ticket like now!

These films seem to have it all: action, adventure and alien love. Oh my!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm seriously jealous of Cameron's abilities. I'm dying for these new movies. I'm a huge fan of The Abyss, his forgotten supermovie. Not sure why that didn't connect with most people. I'm also not sure Cameron is still king of high-concept, what about Michael Bay?

Karen said...

I haven't seen The Abyss but I'm gonna check it out on IMDB.com because you suggested it. Well, Cameron's not quite "The King" of high-concept, but I meant that comment as in "I'm the king of the world!" from Leonardo DiCaprio's character Jack in Titanic. Get it? I guess that didn't come of fthe way I wanted it to, but at least I tried. ;) hehe

Unknown said...

If possible, don't get the director's cut of the Abyss, it's just a little too much. Not bad, but I like the theatrical released version better. Ever see Blade Runner?

David N. Scott said...

Yeah... James Cameron's creativity goes pretty far indeed.

http://pererro.blogspot.com/2007/02/what_24.html

That's my blog, but I didn't write it if it helps. Basically James Cameron is pulling a Dan Brown, big time.

Karen said...

Check out this links about James Cameron and the whole Jesus burial thing:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1171894508893&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3368731,00.html