Labels: , ,

Katherine, Come Back!


Anyone else want Katherine Heigl to return to Sci-Fi?

I knew she was going to be a big star back when she played Isabel Evans on Roswell. Her portrayal of a teen alien was top-notch.

Now that she's won an Emmy and Knocked Up the box office I hope she doesn't forget her humble sci-fi roots. I remember when Roswell fans across the country united and sent thousands of hot sauce bottles to TV executives pleading with them to keep Roswell on for another season. Those were the good ol' days.

So what movie would be perfect for Ms. Heigl?

That's easy...anything with Will Smith in it. We all know he's bound to save the world again. Whether it's from aliens, robots, zombies or something just as menacing. Mr. "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" can pack the theaters with plenty of sci-fi lovin' fans.

I can imagine Heigl being Smith's snarky partner in some futuristic cop drama. They can't stand each other. She plays it wild and he likes following the rules. (Think of an X-Files Mulder/Scully dynamic). Maybe they're on a distant planet keeping the peace between humans and cyborgs when something goes wrong and they're the only ones who can make it right.

Or something like that.

Here's to hoping that Heigl gets a kick-butt SF role.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good. A good Sci-Fi role would be great for Katherine. In fact any role - she is such a wonderful actress. Beautiful and talented a rare combination.

Karen said...

I can't wait to see 27 Dresses. She's wearing a wedding sari in it and those are so cool!

Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Will Smith is probably my favorite actor. Anything he's in I see it. I'm soooo excited about his new film: I am Legend.

Karen said...

I was just talking about I AM LEGEND today. Will Smith does sci-fi right. Or as he said in Men in Black: "I make this look good."