Labels: , , ,

NBC's Heroes Update


NBC is going full court press when it comes to promoting their new runaway hit show Heroes. Yesterday, I got the following email from an NBC marketing partner with "Tips for bloggers" in the subject line.

Hello Karen,

Only 19 days til Heroes’ new episodes start airing, and the suspense of all the cliffhangers set up in “Parasites” finally ends. Until then, I wanted to point you and your readers towards the first part of a preview of Episode 19, hosted at NBC’s Heroes MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/heroesofficial

The second part of the clip is on ItsTimeToSaveTheWorld.com, along with a contest your readers can enter to win a trip to LA and a Heroes set tour. Both the first and second clips are scheduled to go live at midnight pacific time tonight.

You’ve probably heard about this already, but the auction for the original artwork in Heroes ends Wednesday at midnight PST. The site is here: www.nbc.com/heroes/auction

And if you or any of your readers missed the first 18 episodes, they’re all available for free on NBC’s site, but only temporarily—after Chapter 19 airs, the site will only have the current week’s episode. Here’s the URL for the episodes: http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full_episodes/heroes.shtml

Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you’ve got. I look forward to hearing from you.

It’s time to save the world,
************
360i On Behalf of NBC

I'm a big Heroes fan and the possibility of winning a trip is always cool but I could definitely go without these long breaks between new episodes.

At first I thought this email was some kind of spam but then I saw that Angela @ www.scifichick.com and SQT @ Sci-Fi & Fantasy Lovin' Blog got it too. Then I realized how brilliant their marketing plan is. It looks like NBC and 360i know what they're doing. But isn't it kind of scary how far marketing has come along?

2 comments:

SQT said...

I kind of feel the same way. Though it can work to our advantage I suppose. Angela gets tons of preview copies of books to review and I would looooove that. I might be too critical in my reviews to rate free books though. Damn.

Karen said...

I would like to recieve advanced copies of books to review too but I'm not going to squash my true opinion and values for it. So if it happens, it happens. I'm glad you feel the same way too. But hopefully those free books come!!!